Sunday 8 May 2011

Stag and Bow Officially opened this weekend


I've popped into Stag & Bow a couple of times since its doors opened quite some time back. They have a cookie but on trend make up of craft and haberdashery goods as well as some small housey antiques. Over the last few months, the shop has 'filled out' so to speak, and now looks and feels like a proper store.

I am keen to sample their craft workshops. They do all sorts from crochet to leather work. This seems like it is quite a trend too. I recently went to a Homemade London open evening, who do similar things at their store in town - though fairly well advertised in SE London as the business is run by Mrs 'Brockley Nick' (creator of Brockley Central). Hopefully the concept will also work in Forest Hill, though I imagine there is some risk involved to get enough footfall.

Immediately noticeable at Stag & Bow, is the lovely shop front. This is a great addition to this stretch and hopefully becomes one to set a trend on Dartmouth Road. I do hope that with the onset of the Pools and the opening of Sylvan Post, footfall will be forthcoming. I'll certainly make it to one of their workshops.



No comments: