Tuesday 17 May 2011

Hop and a skip to Hopscotch for a burger

Hopscotch on Honor Oak Park has really grown on me.

The first weekend they opened, I got as far as the door, then ran at the sight of buggies and screaming kids through the steamed up windows.

Since then, it seems to have settled into a more adult affair. Not that kids aren't welcome, but adults are welcome - so many places round here seem to have to chase the buggy crowd for midweek revenue - but lets face it, if I want a quiet cup of coffee with a read of the paper, I wouldn't go to a creche.

It has more recently opened up on Thu, Fri & Sat evenings. I have passed a few times when it has been crowded, but last Friday it was just me & hubby. We both had a drink and a burger, and they were superb. The burger with stilton and bacon hit the spot for me. (The lager hit the spot for hubby!). Despite the fact that the place was empty on this visit, the music and ambiance honestly meant I didn't notice.

I hope this becomes a winner for the area, cos it sure is for me.

Looks like they are on twitter @hopscotchbar - I'll be following.

No comments: