Sunday 1 February 2009

Bongo Mike & Extremely Frank Jeremy

My Zone 2 & 3 travelcard experiment is kind of going as expected. Great if I don't need to go into Zone 1 and a bit crappy otherwise. To be fair, it is OK until I need to come home from London Bridge and then have to buy a ticket - currently I am going for the New Cross option (from where my Zone 2 card is OK) but it really irks, when you pay over 2.40, having just paid only 1.60 on the way into Zone 1 on the tube.

Week before last though and some buskers really cheered me up. Bongo Mike and Extremely Frank Jeremy were on the train. Seasoned professionals I see from surveying the net, they broke into a ditty about being on 'The train to Caterham'. (Presumably this song works as well on journeys to Hayes or Brighton as well.) The whole carriage was smiling as they played and a few of us bought their 4 song cd (artwork above) which includes the classic 'If you can't have a shave in a toilet, where can you shave?'.

Mike did say that the songs were absolutely dreadful - and his honesty is to be applauded. Sadly they didn't make it as far as Forest Hill, making a u-turn at New Cross Gate to miss the police.

Catch them if you can!

No comments: